Friday 31 January 2020

2020 Season Preview

2019 ended somewhat disappointingly from a performance point of view.

I had a great winter of training and had some great results including 14th at the English Duathlon Championships, winning Moreton Morrell Duathlon and qualifying for the 2020 ITU world Championships.  Unfortunately by the end of the summer my results had started to drop, a lack of an “A” race and other commitments were impacting my training and this was starting to show.

Having had a break from training I am now looking at getting back into the kind of routine that I had at the start of last year when I was getting the results I wanted.  I have an “A” race this year and it is still 7 months away so I have plenty of time to get to the level I need and want to be at for what will be the biggest race of my life so far.

I am also looking at the smallest race calendar I have had for years this year.  Last year I was very focused on the Warwickshire Road Race league in which I finished 14th overall and 5th in my age group, this year I will still take part in the races but will not be focusing on them to the same degree.  I am hoping that having less focus on races will allow me to shift that focus back onto my training.
 
I intend to get back into the habit of writing my blog so hopefully the next one will not be as far away as the previous one was.  Hopefully by doing that it will help me keep focused on my training and review what has worked well and what is not working as well and as always any feedback or suggestions will be welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment